Welcome back to Fashioneyesta.com!
In the spirit of Halloween I thought i would share with you all a great, fun and easy recipe to make halloween cupcakes, great for any parties or events you may be having.
So, if you are stuck for Halloween treats and want a great recipe for Halloween, keep reading to find out how to make these delicious, tempting treats!
You Will Need
- 4 oz of Golden Caster Sugar
- 4 oz of Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 4 oz of Self Raising Flour
- Two Medium Sized Eggs
- 1 teaspoon of good quality Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons of Milk
For the Icing (Which we have used)
10 oz of Icing Sugar
5 oz of Unsalted Butter
Food Colouring in Halloween Colours (paste)
Ready Roll Icing in Halloween Colours
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees (fan assisted) or 190 degrees if it is a conventional oven.
- Mix Together the castor sugar and butter in a bowl until a pale, smooth creamy consistency.
- Next add eggs and beat well.
- Add sieved flour into the bowl and mix in well.
- Then add milk and vanilla extract and whisk into the mixture.
- Put mixture into decorative cake cases, the colours can be of your choice.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Once cooled you can begin to decorate them!
Tip: To test whether your cakes are done when taken out of the oven lightly press your finger against them and if they rise again that means they are cooked.
- To make the buttercream mix the icing sugar and butter well, I used an electric hand whist as this is much easier to get the right consistency.
- Add the food colouring paste to the mixture, my advice would be to seek help if you are sight impaired. Add a small amount to start with and build up until you get the colour you want as this is highly concentrated.
- Pick the correct piping nozzle and bag, i use disposable bags which you can buy from any general Supermarket. You will need to snip a little bit of the bottom and fit your nozzle onto it.
- You then stand your prepared icing bag in a tall glass for support and spoon the buttercream into the bag, filling it half way up.
- Take the bag and twist it round pushing any air out and pushing the buttercream down towards the nozzle. You may try practicing on some biscuits to start of with if you a bit of a novice.
- Work your way around the cake in a circular motion going towards the centre.
- Once you have finished all of your cakes you are ready to add on the roll on icing.
You can decorate the cakes any way you like this is really up to you.
I personally went for bold coloured iced shared made from roll on icing, in colours of orange, purple and green. In the cutter shapes of haunted houses, witches hats and pumpkins (these can be found via eBay.)
I then finished off by using icing pens to give the pumpkins and witches hats some extra deceptive touches and a little more detail.
And then you are done, now just leave them to set and there you have some Halloween cupcakes to enjoy for a party, gathering or any trick or treaters that may come knocking.
So, I really hope you enjoyed this recipe, thank you so much for reading and from me at Fashioneyesta have a fantastic Halloween!